Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Do You Really Know Yourself?

Did you know…

1. If all 600 muscles in your body pulled in one direction, you could lift 25 tons.
2. More than half of your body’s 206 bones are in your hands and feet.
3. Your eyes can distinguish nearly 8,000,000 differences in colors.
4. Your digestive tract is 30 feet long.
5. One cubic inch of bone can withstand a 2-ton force.
6. Your ears can discriminate among more than 300,000 tones.
7. The surface area of your lungs is 20 times greater than the surface area of your skin.
8. Your heart pumps more than 2,000 gallons of blood every day.
9. There are 1,300 nerve endings per square inch in your fingertips. The only parts of your body more sensitive to the touch are the lips, the tongue, and the tip of your nose.
10. Every day, blinking causes the eyes to be closed for a half hour.
11. In an average lifetime, the hair on your head grows about 25 feet.
12. The human skull is made up of 29 different bones.

You are an amazing creation, made in the image of God!

Now I don’t know about you, but for me it can be easy to take this life for granted. It’s easy to fall into the trap of comparing yourself with others and feeling like you’re just not that great. But you are!!

Aside from knowing God, the best part of my life is my family. Nothing else even comes close to bringing me as much joy and happiness as being a part of family. It is hard for me to describe to you the utter euphoria of having my boys randomly look at me and say, “daddy, I love you” or “daddy, you’re the bestest daddy in the whole world”.

There is nothing as comforting as a wife that I have complete trust in; that loves me and our boys; a wife who is an example of godliness to everyone.
It is a beautiful thing to me to be a part of a family that is there for you and loves you, warts and all.

Even though I may not be famous or have a boat-load of cash, even though I will probably not be asked any time soon to be a stand-in for Brad Pit, I wouldn’t trade my life for anyone else’s!

God created me to be me and He created you to be you.

I want to encourage you today to take some time and look over your life and give God thanks for all the blessings that He has given you.
Remember, God loves you more than you love anyone on this earth! He is especially fond of you and is pleased with you. You can’t earn His love or approval, He loves you!

Zephaniah 3:17 (Amplified Bible)
17The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult [dance, spin, twirl] over you with singing.


Part of the family,

Pastor Willy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Just what I need to hear at this moment! Good timing...just like God, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome To the Blog

Total Pageviews